Musical Russian Roulette. Made possible by the generation-defining software: iTunes. Here's how you play: put your entire musical library on shuffle with NO skips and NO vetos and NO creating sub-lists to look cooler than you really are! This is a particularly great game for long drives. Depending on the size of your song library, this can be super awesome or this can be super embarrassing. For me, it is typically both. So, for today's audio minute... a 10-song game of Russian Roulette using my iTunes library.
I decided to play for ten songs, using six seconds from each as my sculptural material. I imported the first 6 seconds of the first song in to Pro Tools, seconds 6-12 of the next song that came up, seconds 12-18 of the next song, etc. to make our lovely sixty seconds of audio joy.
The Roulette List
1) Wheel of Fortune by Kay Starr
2) Stability by Death Cab for Cutie
3) My Name is Hope by Kirsten Milsap, Hope Shepherd, and Daron Bradford
4) Inertia by Tears Run Rings
5) Metal Heart by Cat Power
6) Lover I Don't Have to Love by Bright Eyes
7) Needle in the Dark by Passenger
8) More Than Words by Extreme (NICE.)
9) Every Christian Lion-Hearted Man Will Show You by the Bee Gees
10) Black Math by the White Stripes